westdance: Upcoming Western Dance Activities, June

Rachael Keish rachael_keish at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 3 15:54:32 PDT 2003

Below is the Page copy for the Ecorngill Performing Arts Fete.  If anyone is
interested in teaching a specifc dance during the day and/or calling it in
the evening, please let me know as I am formulating the sets now.  (Work is
becoming more sane, so I should be at dance practice in the next few weeks
also if you have requests.)

Also, we have discussed doing "performance" dance in the past, and this
would be an excellent forum if anyone is intersted in demo-ing specific
dance(s).
:-), Marguerite

>August 2nd 2003
>Performing Arts Fete
>Ecorngill (Saratoga)
>
>Come one and all to take part in those arts which cannot be held and
>touched, but are meant to be seen, heard, and experienced!  Enjoy a break
>from the tourney season and join the Shire of Ecorngill for a day of
dance,
>theater, and music.
>
>The site is a lovely hall with a large floor for dancing and a room for
>period games (please bring your favorites to add those on hand!).  There
is
>also a small stage for performances and a shady outdoor patio.  The site
>will open at eleven for setup, and dances will be taught from noon to
3:30.
>Please wear mundanes for the teaching portion of the day, as we officially
>have the event from 4:00-9:00 pm!
>
>After we change into garb, the evening's festivities will include
>performances by Bella Luna, musicians, and bards in between the dance sets
>and merriment.  All are invited to perform; please contact the Autocrat
>(period pieces and those with a squirrel or moose& squirrel theme are
>strongly encouraged!)
>
>A potluck finger-food sideboard will be shared by all, please bring (by
>mundane last name): A through F -Breads/crackers and cheeses; G through
L -