westdance: Festival of St. Cecelia, Oct. 30

David Friedman ddfr at daviddfriedman.com
Sat Oct 23 11:48:35 PDT 2004

It was recently pointed out to me that I had not announced this event
to this list; apologies to those who have seen it before.
-------
Would you like to learn about period music notation? Or how to build
an Anglo-Saxon lyre? Or how to do period dances, easy or advanced? Do
you like singing and storytelling, or reading through music with your
friends?

A little less than two weeks from now, the Shire of Crosston is
hosting a Festival in honour of St. Cecelia, patron of music. We will
have classes in music, classes in dance, space for a bardic circle,
space for musicians to play music, all of this followed by dinner,
followed by dancing and dessert. Come join us!

The site is St. Mark's Episcopal Church in Santa Clara, about 5
minutes from the Saratoga Ave. exit from I-280. Dinner will be a
simple meal of several dishes at one course, followed by a dessert
sideboard during the evening's dancing. For the class schedule and
directions to the site, see:

http://www.halimal.com/crosston/events/st_cecilias_04.html

For questions or dinner reservations, contact Elizabeth of Dendermonde at:

David Friedman <ddfr at daviddfriedman.com>

(If you are planning to come to dinner, please do let me know--I
don't like either wasting food or turning away hungry people.)

Elizabeth of Dendermonde