westdance: Pied Dances - 2005

Larsen, Matt matt.larsen at certive.com
Mon Oct 25 16:14:06 PDT 2004

> I would like to propose the upcoming dances for the
> Pied in 2005.  I would welcome any feedback and/or
> suggestions that you might have.  I will need to
> submit this by the end of the week.  Thanks!
>
> March Crown 	- Rostiboli Gioiso
> Beltane	        - Bransle Charlotte
> June Crown	- Scotch Cap
> Kingdom A&S	- A New Cascarda (TBD)
> Purgatorio	- Lorayne Alman

These all look fine to me!

> October Crown	- Gracca Amoroso

This gives me a little pause.  In the past, we've always
done dances that can be taught to a more or less completely
inexperienced dancer in 10-15 minutes (except for the dances
at Kingdom A&S).  Gracca is a little outside that category.
On the other hand, just because that's been our policy in
the past doesn't mean that we can't change it...  I think
I'd pick an easier dance, though, maybe Villanella or
Contrapasso if you're looking for a 16th c. Italian dance.