westdance: Pied Dances - 2005

The MOMstable the_momstable at rocketmail.com
Mon Oct 25 17:22:33 PDT 2004

Would that be so bad?  As long as it was *heavily* taught at everything
during the year.  Every event prior, all the dance practices, maybe the
Saturday and the Sunday of Crown, it might be interesting to see a
dance that required more time to learn.  Though to be honest, I don't
consider any of the Italian dances, as in Villanella or Contrapasso,  a
10 -15 minute learning curve, even if one knows the standard steps
well.  Less so if there is no familiarity with them.  In fact, I've
been hearing gripes about the expectations of the dance instructors
thinking that running through a dance a couple times is adequate.  But
we have a lot of very beginning dancers here.

Na'arah