westdance: Pied Dances - 2005

Francis Classe torlanswingmeister at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 25 17:35:39 PDT 2004

> Would that be so bad?  As long as it was *heavily*
> taught at everything during the year.

Perhaps, but I would prefer not to focus on one dance
every single event.  IMHO, It doesn't give those who
actually attend practice and know the dance as much
value, and I think we need to try and cater to all
dance abilities.  Dance practices are available to
everyone who wants to learn, and I'm more than happy
to teach new things.

As such, I do notice that we haven't done Villanella
for quite some time (Contrapasso was done in 2001), so
I think it would be a good idea to switch it out.  By
the way, does anyone have the full listing of dances
done in 2003?  I know we did Geloxia, Pease Bransle,
Amoroso, and Contitezza d'Amore, but I don't recall
what the other two dances for that year were.  Just
trying to update my records =)

Thanks everyone for your concerns and suggestions!

Vyncent