westdance: Re: Bonus Annoucement and SCA dance practice, 3rd Wednesday/San Jose

Crystal A. Larsen xtalrock at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 14 10:04:31 PST 2005

***Bonus Modern Dance Classes*** The Friday Night Waltz group
(http://www.fridaynightwaltz.com/ scroll way down to the dancing
Pooh Bear) is putting together a slew of classes on beginning
modern dance FOR BEGINERS. If you've ever looked at Polka or
Lindy or Waltz variations and thought, "hey, that looks like
fun, but I don't have time to devote 18 Thursday evenings to
decide whether or not I like it" this is the event for you. Come
and try something new, or a new teacher's perspective on
something you already know! There will be Swing, Latin,
Ballroom, Vintage and Folk class-tracks. 9-6pm Saturday June
4th, $40, Oakland  Veteran’s Hall ***/Bonus Modern Dance
Classes***

1st, 3rd, and 5th Wednesdays in San Jose

The beginner’s dance class will start at 7pm and go to 7:45. One
dance will be taught every week for 4-6 weeks. We will continue
_Cuckholds all in a Row_ this week. Beginners are welcome to
stay through the usual class from 7:45 to 9pm. The intermediate
section of the class will feature Galliard variations. If you
are interested in more beginner classes, please read down to the
bottom of this mail for details about the Darkwood Dance class
on 1st, 3rd, and 5th Thursdays in Morgan Hill.

Dance practice starts about 7:00pm. We normally wear street
clothes, rather than garb, for practice. Clean, soft-soled shoes
or socks are required. We normally break around 9pm for dinner
and rootbeer floats. Feel free to forward this message to people
who ask about dance practice.

Here's the directions that assume you are coming from the north
for 1st, 3rd, 5th Wednesdays:
Take your favorite route to 85, just south of 87 (Guadalupe).
Take the Blossom hill exit, stay in the left lane.
Turn left at the bottom of the exit ramp. Stay in the left lane.
Turn left at the second light, Snell, just past the Shell gas
station.
Go for many blocks, turn right on Branham, just before the 76
station.
Turn left at the first light, Park Arcadia. Go straight until
Park Arcadia dead-ends into Park Paxton, turn left.
Turn right on Park Essex (I think it's the third right).

Rafael and Elspeth's is the third house is on the right. Parking
is getting a bit tight, you may have to park on Paxton and walk
a block.

76 Park Essex Pl. San Jose CA

Directions from Yahoo!Maps are generally reliable, although from
the north it will take you on the 101/Guadalupe/Capitol route.

********** 1st, 3rd 5th Thursdays in Morgan Hill
****************
This is your reminder for Darkwood Dance, 3rd Thursday of the
month, March 17th.

This is a beginning level dance practice. No previous experience
is necessary. The featured dances for March/April will be
Lorrayne Alman, Bransle Official, and Black Nag. We will be
doing mainly these dances at each practice for the ensuing two
months.

Practice starts at 7:30 pm and runs to approximately 9:00 pm. We
then break for root beer floats and snacks. In courtesy to those
who must go to work/school early the next day (including our
hosts), we'd like to try to be prompt starting and stopping. We
suggest street clothes, rather than garb, for practice. Clean,
soft-soled shoes are a bonus.

As a bonus, on the 5th Thursday, March 31st, we will be having a
special program - A Souped Up Review!!!!. We will begin at 7 pm
with a soup supper, then review all the dances we have learned
so far.

If you have any questions or if you would like to be added to
the Darkwood Dance List in yahoo groups, please contact:
Dance Master - staff
Practice/Dance Group contact - Na'arah bat Avraham (408)
848-5748 the_momstable at rocketmail.com

Directions to Adriana & Marco's:

Take the 101 to Morgan Hill and exit at Tennant. From the North
exit and continue right, from the South exit and turn left to go
over the overpass.

Turn Left onto Monterey rd. It's about the third light.
Turn Right onto Vineyard just before the Chevron.
Turn Left onto La Crosse.
Turn Left onto Calle Enrique at the stop sign.
Turn Right onto Las Coaches ct.

We are the blue house at the end of the court, #505. Look for
temple dogs at the door. Lost? Call 782-7948. (Use this phone
number only for directions. If you have other questions, contact
Na'arah above)