westdance: Re: San Jose / 1st Wednesday / SCA dance practice

Crystal A. Larsen xtalrock at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 1 10:24:06 PDT 2005

1st, 3rd, and 5th Wednesdays in San Jose

The beginner’s dance class will start at 7pm and go to 7:45.
One dance will be taught every week for 4-6 weeks. We will be
continuing _Fain I Would_ for another week in preparation for
the Ecorgngil Arts fete this weekend, please refer to
http://www.westkingdom.org/calendar/PerformingArtsFete.php for
event details. You do not have to be a member of the SCA to
attend SCA events.
Beginners are welcome to stay through the usual class from 7:45
to 9pm. The intermediate section of the class will feature
Galliard variations. If you are interested in more beginner
classes, please read down to the bottom of this mail for details
about the Darkwood Dance class on 1st, 3rd, and 5th Thursdays in
Morgan Hill.

Dance practice starts about 7:00pm. We normally wear street
clothes, rather than garb, for practice. Clean, soft-soled shoes
or socks are required for the San Jose practice. We normally
break around 9pm for dinner and rootbeer floats. Feel free to
forward this message to people who ask about dance practice.

Here's the directions that assume you are coming from the north
for 1st, 3rd, 5th Wednesdays:
Take your favorite route to 85, just south of 87 (Guadalupe).
Take the Blossom hill exit, stay in the left lane.
Turn left at the bottom of the exit ramp. Stay in the left
lane.
Turn left at the second light, Snell, just past the Shell gas
station.
Go for many blocks, turn right on Branham, just before the 76
station.
Turn left at the first light, Park Arcadia. Go straight until
Park Arcadia dead-ends into Park Paxton, turn left.
Turn right on Park Essex (I think it's the third right).

Rafael and Elspeth's is the third house is on the right.
Parking is getting a bit tight, you may have to park on Paxton
and walk a block.

76 Park Essex Pl. San Jose CA
Directions from Yahoo!Maps are generally reliable, although from
the north it will take you on the 101/Guadalupe/Capitol route.

---------------Darkwood Dance Reminder---------------------
As a service to those who may be interested in dance:

This is your reminder for Darkwood Dance, 1st Thursday
of the month, August 4th.  We are back in Morgan Hill at the
home of
Adriana and Marco.

This is a beginning level dance practice. No previous
experience is necessary. The featured dances for
August will be: Contrapasso and Spanish Jeepsie. We will be
doing
mainly these dances at each practice for the ensuing two months
or
until there is sufficient proficiency.

Practice starts at 7:30 pm and runs to approximately
9:00 pm. We then break for root beer floats and
snacks. In courtesy to those who must go to
work/school early the next day (including our hosts),
we'd like to try to be prompt starting and stopping.
We suggest street clothes, rather than garb, for
practice. Clean, soft-soled shoes are a bonus.
Because of the warmer weather, practice may be moving
to the outdoor patio.

If you have any questions or if you would like to be
added to the Darkwood Dance List in yahoo groups,
please contact:

Dance Master - Vyncent atte Wodegate (408) 250-5563
torlanswingmeister at yahoo.com
Practice/Dance Group contact - Na'arah bat Avraham
(408) 848-5748 the_momstable at rocketmail.com

Directions to Adriana & Marco's:

Take the 101 to Morgan Hill and exit at Tennant. From
the North exit and continue right, from the South exit
and turn left to go over the overpass.

Turn Left onto Monterey rd. It's about the third
light.
Turn Right onto Vineyard just before the Chevron.
Turn Left onto La Crosse.
Turn Left onto Calle Enrique at the stop sign.
Turn Right onto Las Coaches ct.

We are the blue house at the end of the court, #505.
Look for temple dogs at the door. Lost? Call 782-7948.
(Use this phone number only for directions. If you
have other questions, contact Na'arah above)