westdance: Re: San Jose / 1st Wednesday / SCA dance practice

Crystal A. Larsen xtalrock at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 5 14:28:21 PDT 2005

1st, 3rd, and 5th Wednesdays in San Jose

The beginner’s dance class will start at 7pm and go to 7:45.
One dance will be taught every week for 4-6 weeks. We will be
continuing _Danse de Cleves_ in preperation for the competition
at Fall Coronet, please refer to
http://mists.westkingdom.org/2005FallCoronet.html for event
details. Sometime this month we will review Villanella in
preperation for the competition at October Crown, please see
http://www.westkingdom.org/calendar/OctCrown2005.php for event
details. You do not have to be a member of the sca to attend SCA
events. Beginners are welcome to stay through the usual class
from 7:45 to 9pm. The intermediate section of the class will
feature Galliard variations. If you are interested in more
beginner classes, please read down to the bottom of this mail
for details about the Darkwood Dance class on 1st, 3rd, and 5th
Thursdays in Morgan Hill.

Dance practice starts about 7:00pm. We normally wear street
clothes, rather than garb, for practice. Clean, soft-soled shoes
or socks are required. We normally break around 9pm for dinner
and rootbeer floats. Feel free to forward this message to people
who ask about dance practice.

Here's the directions that assume you are coming from the north
for 1st, 3rd, 5th Wednesdays:
Take your favorite route to 85, just south of 87 (Guadalupe).
Take the Blossom hill exit, stay in the left lane.
Turn left at the bottom of the exit ramp. Stay in the left
lane.
Turn left at the second light, Snell, just past the Shell gas
station.
Go for many blocks, turn right on Branham, just before the 76
station.
Turn left at the first light, Park Arcadia. Go straight until
Park Arcadia dead-ends into Park Paxton, turn left.
Turn right on Park Essex (I think it's the third right).

Rafael and Elspeth's is the third house is on the right.
Parking is getting a bit tight, you may have to park on Paxton
and walk a block.

76 Park Essex Pl. San Jose CA
Directions from Yahoo!Maps are generally reliable, although from
the north it will take you on the 101/Guadalupe/Capitol route.

---------------Darkwood Dance Reminder---------------------