westdance: Re: San Jose / 3rd Wednesday / SCA dance practice

Crystal A. Larsen xtalrock at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 3 10:15:48 PDT 2005

There are numerous dance events coming up as we move into the
feast season:
** Classes will be taught at collegium:
http://www.phmoms.com/CollegiumOccidentalis.html
** The Baroness's Masked Ball:
http://www.westkingdom.org/calendar/Masked_Ball2005.php
** 12th Night:
http://www.westkingdom.org/calendar/12th_night2006.php
** The Crosston Dance Ball on Saturday 21January06, no website
yet.

(Special sidebar for those of you also interested in modern
dance:
1) The Pomander Club in Palo Alto has charming tea-dances on 4th
Sundays, please see
http://www.artdecosociety.org/about/events/calendar.htm for
details.
2) The Friday Night Waltz crowd is teaching an advanced session
on my personal favorite, the Bohemian National Polka TONIGHT!
MONDAY the 3rd! Please see
http://www.fridaynightwaltz.com/#Schedule for details.)

The beginner’s dance class will start at 7pm and go to 7:45.
One dance will be taught every week for 4-6 weeks. From now
until February, only dances that will be done at the upcoming
dance events will be taught. Beginners are welcome to stay
through the usual class from 7:45 to 9pm, when probably more
dances from the upcoming dance events will be taught. The
intermediate section of the class will feature Galliard
variations.

Dance practice starts about 7:00pm. We normally wear street
clothes, rather than garb, for practice. Clean, soft-soled shoes
or socks are required. We normally break around 9pm for dinner
and rootbeer floats. Feel free to forward this message to people
who ask about dance practice.

Here's the directions that assume you are coming from the north
for 1st, 3rd, 5th Wednesdays:
Take your favorite route to 85, just south of 87 (Guadalupe).
Take the Blossom hill exit, stay in the left lane.
Turn left at the bottom of the exit ramp. Stay in the left
lane.
Turn left at the second light, Snell, just past the Shell gas
station.
Go for many blocks, turn right on Branham, just before the 76
station.
Turn left at the first light, Park Arcadia. Go straight until
Park Arcadia dead-ends into Park Paxton, turn left.
Turn right on Park Essex (I think it's the third right).

Rafael and Elspeth's is the third house is on the right.
Parking is getting a bit tight, you may have to park on Paxton
and walk a block.

76 Park Essex Pl. San Jose CA
Directions from Yahoo!Maps are generally reliable, although from
the north it will take you on the 101/Guadalupe/Capitol route.

See you there,