westdance: Re: SCA dance practice, 4th Wednesday Menlo Park

Crystal A. Larsen xtalrock at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 7 13:27:43 PST 2005

Don’t forget to vote tomorrow, Tuesday the 8th. At dance
practice on Wednesday we’ll be celebrating junk mail reduction
day. :)

Gregory is looking for a Component stereo tape deck he can
borrow. We want to digitize a few dance music tapes. We're
looking for something with "line out" (which is how component
stereos normally hook up their parts), and it should be known to
be clean and new enough to not eat tapes. He will need to borrow
it for only a week. If you can help, please bring a Component
stereo tape deck to practice on Wednesday.

We’re trying a new format for the Wednesday night dance class. A
beginners dance class will start at 7pm and go to 7:45. One
dance will be taught every week for 4-6 weeks. For the next few
weeks we'll be working on Fiamma d'Amore. Beginners are welcome
to stay through the usual class from 7:45 to 9pm.
Don't forget these upcoming dance events:
** The Duchess's ball at 12th Night:
http://www.westkingdom.org/calendar/12th_night2006.php
** The Crosston Dance Ball on Saturday 21January06, no website
yet.
If you would like to be added to or removed from this weekly
email reminder for dance, please send an email to Crystal of the
Westermark, xtalrock at yahoo dot com.
Dance practice this week is in Menlo Park.  Directions:
Take 101 south to the Willow Road exit in Menlo Park. Go west on
Willow Road, away from the Dumbarton Bridge. Go past the first
light to turn left on Durham. Go to the first stop sign and turn
right onto Laurel. Turn left onto O'Keefe. Go one block and park
anywhere legal on O'Keefe or Central Ave. It's a one-story
house, with medium sized redwood trees flanking the yard, in the
middle of the block. 116 O'Keefe St, Menlo Park, CA.
Yahoo!Maps will also give you accurate directions, but will tell
you to turn left from Willow onto O'Keefe at an uncontrolled,
unmarked interesction. I don't recommend it at high traffic
times.
Dance usually starts at 7pm. About 9pm we often go to a local
restaurant for dinner or ice-cream.

(Crystal A. Larsen)

-------------------begin fwd message---------------------
Greetings Dancers,

This is your reminder for Thursday, November 10.

On the 2nd and 4th Thursdays we will be having dance
practice at the Galleria Parking Structure in Santa Cruz. Leonor
la Obstinada and Francisco de Acero have volunteered to teach
dance at the same time and place as the fighter/rapier
practices. So if the 1st, 3rd, and 5th Thursdays haven't been
enough dance in Darkwood for you, here is another opportunity.
If the experiment goes well, we will try to continue it in
future months.

This is a beginning level dance practice. No previous experience
is necessary. Practice starts at 7:30 pm and runs to
approximately 9:00 pm. We suggest street clothes, rather than
garb, for practice. This is an outdoor venue, please dress
appropriately and wear comfortable footwear.

We will be sharing the practice location with the rapier and
fighter practice.

If you have any questions or if you would like to be added to
the Darkwood Dance List in yahoo groups, please contact:

Dance Master - Vyncent atte Wodegate (408) 250-5563
torlanswingmeister at yahoo.com
Practice/Dance Group contact - Na'arah bat Avraham (408)
848-5748
the_momstable at ...

Directions:
>From the south:
Take Hwy 1 to the intersection of River Street in Santa
Cruz--it's the very first stoplight once you hit Santa Cruz.
Turn left onto River Street.

***Go through the next two stoplights--the last one will be the
intersection of River and Water Streets---you will come to an
odd intersection in less than a block that has either a stop
SIGN if you go straight or curves around to the right----go to
the stop SIGN---continue on straight through it---there will be
a Wells Fargo Bank on your right---the Galleria Parking
Structure is right after the bank on the right.

>From Hwy. 17 (San Jose area) ----17 stops at Hwy. 1--take Hwy 1
NORTH to the River Street stoplight/intersection. Follow
directions from ***

Go up to the third floor---second floor if it is raining. There
we are.

The Rapier Marshall, Brigit's cell is on during practice. Her
number is 831-334-2652 if anyone gets lost and needs help.