westdance: Re: SCA dance practice, 2nd Wednesday Menlo Park

Crystal A. Larsen xtalrock at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 12 22:15:46 PST 2005

This week is a 2nd Wednesday and a 3rd Thursday, so please read
all the way down if you are planning on attending the Morgan
Hill practice. This Wednesday we'll be talking about whether or
not to have a practice on 28Dec05, there might not be a quorum
left in town.

Gregory is looking for a Component stereo tape deck he can
borrow. We want to digitize a few dance music tapes. We're
looking for something with "line out" (which is how component
stereos normally hook up their parts), and it should be known to
be clean and new enough to not eat tapes. He will need to borrow
it for only a week. If you can help, please bring a Component
stereo tape deck to practice on Wednesday.

We’re trying a new format for the Wednesday night dance class. A
beginners dance class will start at 7pm and go to 7:45. One
dance will be taught every week for 4-6 weeks. Beginners are
welcome to stay through the usual class from 7:45 to 9pm.

Don't forget these upcoming dance events:
** Teufelberg Yule http://www.phmoms.com/yule.html
** The Duchess's ball at 12th Night:
http://www.westkingdom.org/calendar/12th_night2006.php
** The Crosston Dance Ball on Saturday 21January06,
http://www.halimal.com/crosston/Pages/danceball06.htm

If you would like to be added to or removed from this weekly
email reminder for dance, please send an email to Crystal of the
Westermark, xtalrock at yahoo dot com.

Dance practice this week is in Menlo Park.
Directions:
Take 101 south to the Willow Road exit in Menlo Park. Go west on
Willow Road, away from the Dumbarton Bridge. Go past the first
light to turn left on Durham. Go to the first stop sign and turn
right onto Laurel. Turn left onto O'Keefe. Go one block and park
anywhere legal on O'Keefe or Central Ave. It's a one-story
house, with medium sized redwood trees flanking the yard, in the
middle of the block. 116 O'Keefe St, Menlo Park, CA.
Yahoo!Maps will also give you accurate directions, but will tell
you to turn left from Willow onto O'Keefe at an uncontrolled,
unmarked interesction (at the 76 Gas Station). I don't recommend
it at high traffic times.
Dance usually starts at 7pm. About 9pm we often go to a local
restaurant for dinner or ice-cream.

(Crystal A. Larsen)