westdance: Re: SCA dance practice, 3rd Wednesday San Jose

Crystal A. Larsen xtalrock at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 12 23:03:13 PST 2006

Howdy all!

If you are interested in attending the Darkwood dance practice,
please read to the bottom of this message.

For those of you who also do more modern dance & enjoy formal
wear, please consider going to the Friday Night Waltzs' _Spring
Waltz Ball_ in Oakland on Saturday March 18th from 9pm to
midnight, site fee $12.

Dance class will start at about 7pm and go to 9pm. For the next
few months we'll be focusing on new dances such as Furioso, La
Francoise Nouvelle, and St. Martin's or old dances that need
some polish, such as Dolce Amoroso Fuco (esp. the men's solo).

If you would like to be added to or removed from this weekly
email reminder for dance, please send an email to Crystal of the
Westermark, xtalrock at yahoo dot com.

Dance at upcomihg events!
Dance at White Shield:
http://www.westkingdom.org/calendar/WhiteShieldTournament.php
Koenigstadt Performing Arts Symposium:
http://www.westkingdom.org/calendar/PerformingArtsSymposium.php

We'll also need teachers for the Dance Track at Spring Collegium
on May 13th.

1st, 3rd, and 5th Wednesdays in San Jose

Dance practice starts about 7:00pm. We normally wear street
clothes, rather than garb, for practice. Clean, soft-soled shoes
or socks are required. We normally break around 9pm for dinner
and rootbeer floats. Feel free to forward this message to people
who ask about dance practice.

Here's the directions that assume you are coming from the north
for 1st, 3rd, 5th Wednesdays:
Take your favorite route to 85, just south of 87 (Guadalupe).
Take the Blossom hill exit, stay in the left lane.
Turn left at the bottom of the exit ramp. Stay in the left
lane.
Turn left at the second light, Snell, just past the Shell gas
station.
Go for many blocks, turn right on Branham, just before the 76
station.
Turn left at the first light, Park Arcadia. Go straight until
Park Arcadia dead-ends into Park Paxton, turn left.
Turn right on Park Essex (I think it's the third right).

Rafael and Elspeth's is the third house is on the right.
Parking is getting a bit tight, you may have to park on Paxton
and walk a block.

76 Park Essex Pl. San Jose CA
Directions from Yahoo!Maps are generally reliable, although from
the north it will take you on the 101/Guadalupe/Capitol route.

------Darkwood dance practice-------
As a service to those who may be interested in dance:

This is your reminder for Darkwood Dance, 3rd Thursday
of the month, March 16, 2006. We are in Morgan Hill at the home
of
Adriana and Marco.

This is a beginning level dance practice. No previous
experience is necessary. The featured dances for
March will be: One new, one review!  Review of Hyde Park - and
learning
Bransle of War.

Practice starts at 7:30 pm and runs to approximately
9:00 pm. We then break for root beer floats and
snacks. In courtesy to those who must go to
work/school early the next day (including our hosts),
we'd like to try to be prompt starting and stopping.
We suggest street clothes, rather than garb, for
practice. Clean, soft-soled shoes are a bonus.

If you have any questions or if you would like to be
added to the Darkwood Dance List in yahoo groups,
please contact:

Dance Master - Vyncent atte Wodegate (408) 250-5563
torlanswingmeister at yahoo.com
Practice/Dance Group contact - Na'arah bat Avraham
(408) 848-5748 the_momstable at rocketmail.com

Directions to Adriana & Marco's:

Take the 101 to Morgan Hill and exit at Tennant. From
the North exit and continue right, from the South exit
and turn left to go over the overpass.

Turn Left onto Monterey rd. It's about the third
light.
Turn Right onto Vineyard just before the Chevron.
Turn Left onto La Crosse.
Turn Left onto Calle Enrique at the stop sign.
Turn Right onto Las Coaches ct.

We are the blue house at the end of the court, #505.
Look for temple dogs at the door. Lost? Call 782-7948.
(Use this phone number only for directions. If you
have other questions, contact Na'arah above)