westdance: Re: SCA dance practice, 1st Wednesday San Jose

Crystal A. Larsen xtalrock at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 4 08:36:31 PDT 2006

San Jose! This week is the ever difficult to remember first
Wednesday after a fifth Wednesday! Come to SAN JOSE for dance
practice this week!

Howdy all,

Dance is in San Jose this week and will start at about 7pm and
go to 9pm. This week we'll be practicing Stingo, Oyl of Barley
which is the competition piece for June Crown,
http://www.westkingdom.org/calendar/JuneCrown2006.php
Please keep in mind, Kingdom Arts and Sciences Weekend is coming
July 21 - 23 and we’ll need the usual round of teachers for the
dance track. The competition dance for A&S is Dolce Amoroso
Fuoco.

1st, 3rd, and 5th Wednesdays in San Jose

Dance practice starts about 7:00pm. We normally wear street
clothes, rather than garb, for practice. Clean, soft-soled shoes
or socks are required. We normally break around 9pm for dinner
and rootbeer floats. Feel free to forward this message to people
who ask about dance practice.

Here's the directions that assume you are coming from the north
for 1st, 3rd, 5th Wednesdays:
Take your favorite route to 85, just south of 87 (Guadalupe).
Take the Blossom hill exit, stay in the left lane.
Turn left at the bottom of the exit ramp. Stay in the left
lane.
Turn left at the second light, Snell, just past the Shell gas
station.
Go for many blocks, turn right on Branham, just before the 76
station.
Turn left at the first light, Park Arcadia. Go straight until
Park Arcadia dead-ends into Park Paxton, turn left.
Turn right on Park Essex (I think it's the third right).

Rafael and Elspeth's is the third house is on the right.
Parking is getting a bit tight, you may have to park on Paxton
and walk a block.

76 Park Essex Pl. San Jose CA
Directions from Yahoo!Maps are generally reliable, although from
the north it will take you on the 101/Guadalupe/Capitol route.

If you would like to be added to or removed from this weekly
email reminder for dance, please send an email to Crystal of the
Westermark, xtalrock at yahoo dot com.