westdance: Fwd: 2nd Wens dance practice -- NEW LOCATION

Cin cinbarnes at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 12:36:21 PDT 2006

Dance practice this week is at a SURPRISE new location. Please find us at
     1264 Hanchett Av San Jose CA 95126
     Cin & Raz 408.838.6545
Google maps & mapquest do fine.  If you prefer prose directions or
public transit, see below.

We're starting to craft the Crosston dance ball list, and practice for
the Masqued Ball at Twelfth Night.  There are also plans afoot for
dancing at and Arts Festival in Feb. There's much dancing to be had!

If you would like to be added to or removed from this weekly email
reminder for dance, please send an email to Crystal of the Westermark,
xtalrock at yahoo dot com.
--cin
Cynthia Barnes
CinBarnes at gmail.com

Prose directions to 1264 Hanchett, SJ 95126           Cin & Raz 408.885.0139

We are fairly close to the San Jose Arena, The Rosicrucian Egyptian
Museum and Santa Clara University.  El Camino is called The Alameda
here. It runs about 1.5 miles between the SJ Arena and SCU.  We're ½
way between the two. There is a sign out front calling it "The
Gables". So:

>From Sunnyvale & Santa Clara, along El Camino:
• Go true East, logical South on El Camino, past Santa Clara
University (El Cam becomes The Alameda), pass the Rosicrucian, about 7
more blocks;
• Right onto Hanchett; go 1.5 blocks; we're on the left.

>From 101 on the peninsula:
• Take 101 S;   Go to 880 South;
• Exit Santa Clara University/ The Alameda eastbound, past the
Rosicrucian, about 17 blocks;
• Right onto Hanchett; go 1.5 blocks; we're on the left.

>From 280 on the peninsula and parts Northwest:
• Take 280 S;   Go to 880 North;
• Exit Santa Clara University/ The Alameda eastbound, past the
Rosicrucian, about 17 blocks
• Right onto Hanchett, go 1.5 blocks

>From 680 and parts Northeast:
• Take 680 S;  which becomes westbound on 280, exit Leigh;
• Turn Right on Leigh at the light.
• In about 3 blocks, when you cross over San Carlos, Leigh becomes
Shasta. Go 3 more blocks. At the light Shasta becomes Hanchett. Go 1.5
more blocks.

>From 101 S, South San Jose, Campbell and parts Southeast:
• Go to either 101 N or 87 N;   Westbound on 280, exit Leigh;
• Turn Right on Leigh at the light.
• In about 3 blocks, when you cross over San Carlos, Leigh becomes
Shasta. Go 3 more blocks. At the light Shasta becomes Hanchett. Go 1.5
more blocks.

>From Cupertino, Santa Cruz and parts Southwest:
• Go to 17 N;   Exit 280 eastbound;   IMMEDIATELY exit Leigh;
• 2nd Left over 280 freeway (1s  L is Leland, 2nd L is Leigh, 3rd back
onto 280 S);
• In about 3 blocks, when you cross over San Carlos, Leigh becomes
Shasta. Go 3 blocks. At the light Shasta becomes Hanchett. Go 1.5 more
blocks.

• If you missed the Leigh exit off 280, take the next: Meridian North;
• Cross over San Carlos; Left at Park, a traffic light;
• Right onto Hanchett, at traffic light; go 1.5 blocks.

Leaving our house:
• South on Hanchett will take you to the entrance at 280;
o 2nd light, Right on Parkmoor 2 blocks is 280 N, convenient for 880N or 17S.
o Over the freeway & Left on Moorpark is 280 S and 680 N.
• North on Hanchett, is Right turn only, this is convenient for 87 N and S.
• For left turns onto The Alameda (El Camino) take a R out of our
driveway, R at end of block,  logical L on Martin (around the circle)
and turn L (west) at the light.

Public Transportation:
• Caltrain – Diridon station is closest (the Arena) it's about 1 mile,
call & we'll send someone.
• Light rail – The one for Santa Clara Univ is the closest one is
regular use; call & we'll send someone.
• Bus #22 and others pass by on the Alameda, the stop is at
Julian/Hanchett. We're a 1.5 block walk south on Hanchett.