westdance: SCA dance practice, 3rd Wednesday San Jose

Crystal A. Larsen xtalrock at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 30 09:11:40 PDT 2007

Howdy all!

Beltaine competiton, May 4th-6th, Queen's Alman
http://westkingdom.org/calendar/Beltane2007.php

Mists Competiton, May 12th, Galliards! Site Information: Odd
Fellows Hall 545 Pacific Ave. Santa Rosa, Ca 95404 Hall opens at
10am and closes at 10pm. Site fee will be $8.00 for members,
$11.00 for non members, and $4.00 for children under 12. The
Feast fee will be $11.00 per person.

Spring Collegium Occidentalis is scheduled for May 19th, please
start planning now if you'd like to teach (or take!) a class.
http://www.collegiumoccidentalis.org/ or Mistress Donata
Bonacorsi collegium at westkingdom.org

It's never to early to start planing on attending the Known
World Dance Symposium from June 28, 2007 to July 01, 2007.
Please see http://www.peterdur.us/kwds2007/ for details.

If you would like to be added to or removed from this weekly
email reminder for dance, please send an email to Crystal of the
Westermark, xtalrock at yahoo dot com.

1st, 3rd, and 5th Wednesdays in San Jose

Dance practice starts about 7:00pm. We normally wear street
clothes, rather than garb, for practice. Clean, soft-soled shoes
or socks are required. We normally break around 9pm for dinner
and rootbeer floats. Feel free to forward this message to people
who ask about dance practice.

Here's the directions that assume you are coming from the north
for 1st, 3rd, 5th Wednesdays:
Take your favorite route to 85, just south of 87 (Guadalupe).
Take the Blossom hill exit, stay in the left lane.
Turn left at the bottom of the exit ramp. Stay in the left lane.
Turn left at the second light, Snell, just past the Shell gas
station.
Go for many blocks, turn right on Branham, just before the 76
station.
Turn left at the first light, Park Arcadia. Go straight until
Park Arcadia dead-ends into Park Paxton, turn left.
Turn right on Park Essex (I think it's the third right).

Rafael and Elspeth's is the third house is on the right.
Parking is getting a bit tight, you may have to park on Paxton
and walk a block.

76 Park Essex Pl. San Jose CA
Directions from Yahoo!Maps are generally reliable, although
from the north it will take you on the 101/Guadalupe/Capitol
route.