westdance: Thoughts on 15c Italian for KWDS?

Greg Lindahl lindahl at pbm.com
Mon May 7 14:18:43 PDT 2007

On Mon, May 07, 2007 at 01:10:23PM -0700, Matthew Larsen wrote:

> Hmmm...  Not sure I'm excited about Burgundian being the next dance
> craze --

Well, there's always Italian bassadanza, which is a bit different.

BTW, elsewhere the 5 most popular 15c Italian dances are: Amoroso,
Anello, Gelosia, Petit Riense, and Rostiboli. And the ones Judith is
hoping to make more popular are improvised pive and saltarelli, and
Chirintana. The improvised piva or saltarello is easy to teach, and
fun to dance if you have energetic music.

A guy posted to sca-dance giving a pdf of a proposed paper or class
(I'm not sure which) on 15c Italian for KWDS, so I've forwarded this
to Isabel.

-- Gregory