westdance: SCA 1st Wednesday Dance Practice in San Jose

Crystal A. Larsen xtalrock at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 29 16:20:55 PDT 2007

Howdy all,

This week, the first Wednesday of August is also the 1st of
August. start thinking now about dances you'd like to do at the
5th Wednesday Dance Party on the 29th! We might also start
thinking about dances to have ready for the Crosston Ball in
January.

If you'd like to Subscribe to the official West Kingdom College
of Dance list, please see http://Westdance.org/join.html

Purgatorio's dance cometition is Grimstock.
http://westkingdom.org/calendar/2007Purg.html

Mists Coronet will be in Napa,
http://mists.westkingdom.org/2007FallCoronet.shtml

Darkwood Arts and Sciences is probably looking for teachers,
http://www.baronyofdarkwood.org/events.shtml, contact the
autocrat, Hraefn fram Lindune for details.

Fall Collegium Occidentalis is scheduled for 20Oct07. Rumor says
it will be down towards Santa Cruz. Volunteer to the Regent,
Donata Bonacorsi, collegium at westkingdom.org.

If you would like to be added to or removed from this weekly
email reminder for dance, please send an email to Crystal of the
Westermark, xtalrock at yahoo dot com.

1st, 3rd, and 5th Wednesdays in San Jose

Dance practice starts about 7:00pm. We normally wear street
clothes, rather than garb, for practice. Clean, soft-soled shoes
or socks are required. We normally break around 9pm for dinner
and rootbeer floats. Feel free to forward this message to people
who ask about dance practice.

Here's the directions that assume you are coming from the north
for 1st, 3rd, 5th Wednesdays:
Take your favorite route to 85, just south of 87 (Guadalupe).
Take the Blossom hill exit, stay in the left lane.
Turn left at the bottom of the exit ramp. Stay in the left lane.
Turn left at the second light, Snell, just past the Shell gas
station.
Go for many blocks, turn right on Branham, just before the 76
station.
Turn left at the first light, Park Arcadia. Go straight until
Park Arcadia dead-ends into Park Paxton, turn left.
Turn right on Park Essex (I think it's the third right).

Rafael and Elspeth's is the third house is on the right.
Parking is getting a bit tight, you may have to park on Paxton
and walk a block.

76 Park Essex Pl. San Jose CA
Directions from Yahoo!Maps are generally reliable, although
from the north it will take you on the 101/Guadalupe/Capitol
route.