westdance: Artisans' Display at 12h night weekend

Crystal A. Larsen xtalrock at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 29 23:30:27 PDT 2007

Howdy all,

One important thing I failed to say last time is: You will need
to stay with your art display from about 2pm to about 4pm.

Thank you to those already signed up.

When you sign up, please include your full name. If you'd like
to share a table with a buddy, let me know.

regards,
Crystal of the Westermark

--- "Crystal A. Larsen" <xtalrock at yahoo.com> wrote:
Once again, a Saturday afternoon Artisans’ Display is planned
for The West Kingdom's 12th night.
(http://www.thewestermark.org/12thnight.html). This is not a
competition; this is a chance for artisits to display thier work
(and works in progress). It is also a chance to schmooze and be
schmoozed by other artisans of the kingdom. Artisans of all
levels are welcome to participate. Bring your projects and your
questions, show off your work and take an opportunity to see
what others are working on. If you leave items for a static
display, please be sure each one is marked with your name and
contact info.
Documentation is not required, but is recommended. A handout
with a description of your item, and how you made it is always
appreciated by the people who stop by for a look. Notepads and
pencils will be provided to exchange contact information or
leave questions or comments, and personal tokens are encouraged.
They don't need to be fancy -- beads or ribbons or baggies of
cookies are all equally appreciated.
The display area will be open about 1:30pm for setup, and the
display will run from 2 p.m. to 4pm. The Artisans Display is
currently scheduled in the afternoon, but that is subject to the
whimsy of Their Majesties, and Their Royal Highnesses.
If you'd like to display your works, please contact me BEFORE
THE 15th OF DECEMBER. The default setting is currently a
half-table per artist, but different arrangements are available
if you ask in advance. If you will need more space, or if you
have any special requirements (light? electricity? space for a
dress-dummy? dancing? are you hoping to serve snacks?) you
cannot procrastinate in letting me know what you need. (You can
procrastinate on what exactly you’ll be displaying until the
very last minute, that’s ok).
You may want to consider how to protect your work if it is
especially fragile.
If you can't decide until the very last minute about
participating, there may be a small amount of extra table space
on a first come, first served basis or the whimsy of our Queen.