westdance: Artisans' Display at 12th Night weekend

Crystal A. Larsen xtalrock at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 11 12:29:59 PST 2007

Table space for the Artisan’s Display is about half full, so if
you’d like to reserve space for you and your art projects,
please let me know as soon as possible.

For those of you wondering, the Artisan's display will be on the
second floor, (So make sure your art can fit into the elevator,
or you are willing to carry it upstairs) in the Gateway Foyer of
the DoubleTree hotel in San Jose. Here's a handy link to their
hotel map,
http://www.doubletreesanjose.com/goout.asp?u=/floorplans/

If your art project is too big to be carried, you can still
reservse a table at the display for pictures, plans, and scale
models. :)

regards,
Crystal of the Westermark

--- In sca-west at yahoogroups.com, "Crystal A. Larsen"
<xtalrock at ...> wrote:

> Howdy all,
>
> One important thing I failed to say last time is: You will
need
> to stay with your art display from about 2pm to about 4pm.
>
> Thank you to those already signed up.
>
> When you sign up, please include your full name. If you'd like
> to share a table with a buddy, let me know.
>
> regards,
> Crystal of the Westermark
>
> --- "Crystal A. Larsen" <xtalrock at ...> wrote:
> Once again, a Saturday afternoon Artisans’ Display is planned
> for The West Kingdom's 12th night.
> (http://www.thewestermark.org/12thnight.html). This is not a
> competition; this is a chance for artisits to display thier
work
> (and works in progress). It is also a chance to schmooze and
be
> schmoozed by other artisans of the kingdom. Artisans of all
> levels are welcome to participate. Bring your projects and
your
> questions, show off your work and take an opportunity to see
> what others are working on. If you leave items for a static
> display, please be sure each one is marked with your name and
> contact info.
> Documentation is not required, but is recommended. A handout
> with a description of your item, and how you made it is always
> appreciated by the people who stop by for a look. Notepads and
> pencils will be provided to exchange contact information or
> leave questions or comments, and personal tokens are
encouraged.
> They don't need to be fancy -- beads or ribbons or baggies of
> cookies are all equally appreciated.
> The display area will be open about 1:30pm for setup, and the
> display will run from 2 p.m. to 4pm. The Artisans Display is
> currently scheduled in the afternoon, but that is subject to
the
> whimsy of Their Majesties, and Their Royal Highnesses.
> If you'd like to display your works, please contact me BEFORE
> THE 15th OF DECEMBER. The default setting is currently a
> half-table per artist, but different arrangements are
available
> if you ask in advance. If you will need more space, or if you
> have any special requirements (light? electricity? space for a
> dress-dummy? dancing? are you hoping to serve snacks?) you
> cannot procrastinate in letting me know what you need. (You
can
> procrastinate on what exactly you’ll be displaying until the
> very last minute, that’s ok).
> You may want to consider how to protect your work if it is
> especially fragile.
> If you can't decide until the very last minute about
> participating, there may be a small amount of extra table
space
> on a first come, first served basis or the whimsy of our
Queen.