westdance: Dancing for Posterity.

Cin cinbarnes at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 01:56:53 PST 2007

Dancers,
I have 3-4 videos from previous Wens dance group performances.  No
editing & shot/recorded by a cellphone, but they're polished
performances pieces, in gorgeous clothes. So you cant see the ladies'
footwork & we look a bit historically confused in our clothes & dances
from across 200 years & several thousands miles.

My main comments:
Post the vids I have now to YouTube where charmingly there's no music
copyright issues as we didnt use recorded music.  If you do use one
with recorded music be prepared for the recording group to bitch.

Decide what the purpose of posting videos is then you will know what
to post in future.  Is it more dancers you want?  Practice videos?
Vanity? (I approve of vanity)  Bragging & nose-thumbing to groups less
fortunate than us?  Historical recreation of a specific time/place?
--cin