westdance: SCA 1st Wednesday Dance Practice in San Jose

Crystal A. Larsen xtalrock at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 3 15:18:07 PST 2008

Howdy ya'll,

In the next few weeks I'd like to spend a little more time in
the 15th century. Fortunatly the dance competition for March
Crown is Gelosia. :)

There will be dancing the Friday 7March08, which is the night
before the the Herald's collegium on March 8th.

If you would like to teach dance at the Spring Collegium (April
26th), please contact Mistress Donata Bonacorsi
collegium at westkingdom.org.

The Esfenn Feast of Fine Arts has been moved to September 6th
and combined with the Esfenn First Sword Tournament. Johanna of
the Hats has assured me there will be dancing, so add it to your
calendars now.

If you would like to be removed from this weekly reminder list,
please see http://westdance.org/mailman/listinfo/westdance

Wednesdays in San Jose:

Dance practice starts about 7:00pm. We normally wear street
clothes, rather than garb, for practice. Clean, soft-soled shoes
or socks are required. We normally break around 9pm for dinner
and rootbeer floats. Feel free to forward this message to people
who ask about dance practice.

Here's the directions that assume you are coming from the north
for 1st, 3rd, 5th Wednesdays:
Take your favorite route to 85, just south of 87 (Guadalupe).
Take the Blossom hill exit, stay in the left lane.
Turn left at the bottom of the exit ramp. Stay in the left lane.
Turn left at the second light, Snell, just past the Shell gas
station.
Go for many blocks, turn right on Branham, just before the 76
station.
Turn left at the first light, Park Arcadia. Go straight until
Park Arcadia dead-ends into Park Paxton, turn left.
Turn right on Park Essex (I think it's the third right).

Rafael and Elspeth's is the third house is on the right.
Parking is getting a bit tight, you may have to park on Paxton
and walk a block.

76 Park Essex Pl. San Jose CA
Directions from Yahoo!Maps are generally reliable, although
from the north it will take you on the 101/Guadalupe/Capitol
route.