westdance: SCA 1st Wednesday Dance Practice in San Jose

Crystal A. Larsen xtalrock at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 3 06:55:17 PST 2008

This week dance is in San Jose. Scroll down for directions.

There will be dancing on Friday March 7th, which is the night
before the the Herald's collegium in Sacramento, CA on March
8th.

On Friday March 14, 2008 at 8:00 pm in the Stanford Memorial
Church the Stanford Early Music Singers are presenting _Marian
Spain_. The Early Music Singers, directed by William Mahrt,
perform Marian-themed music of the Spanish Renaissance. Free
admission.

There's another concert of early music at St Mark's in Palo
Alto on Sunday March 16th, 7:30pm. yeeeeouch! $25 tickets! But
there's a student discount to $6.
http://www.cantabile.org/chorale/concerts.shtml

If you would like to teach dance at the Spring Collegium (April
26th), please contact Mistress Donata Bonacorsi
collegium at westkingdom.org. I would really like it if someone
could teach 15th century dance in preperation for the feast in
the evening.

The Esfenn Feast of Fine Arts has been moved to September 6th
and combined with the Esfenn First Sword Tournament. Johanna of
the Hats has assured me there will be dancing, so add it to your
calendars now.

If you would like to be removed from this weekly reminder list,
please send mail to xtalrock at yahoo dot com. If you would like
to join the offical westdance list please see
http://westdance.org/join.html

Wednesdays in San Jose:

Dance practice starts about 7:00pm. We normally wear street
clothes, rather than garb, for practice. Clean, soft-soled
shoes or socks are required. We normally break around 9pm for
dinner and rootbeer floats. Feel free to forward this message to
people who ask about dance practice.