westdance: READ THIS ONE! SCA 3rd Wednesday Dance Practice at Renee's in San Jose

Crystal A. Larsen xtalrock at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 13 21:40:46 PDT 2008

Howdy ya'll

The schedule for the Crosston/Westermark Wednesday dance practice has changed for summer! July has a fifth Wednesday, so be ready for the 5th Wednesday dance party!

3wed 16 July Renee's San Jose (and Video Project*)
4wed 23 July Crystal's Menlo Park
5wed 30 July CynthiaIsh's Palo Alto
1wed 6 Aug CynthiaIsh's Palo Alto
2wed 13 Aug Crystal's Menlo Park
2wed 20 Aug -- Elspeth's and back to the normal schedule

3rd Wednesday in San Jose:

Dance practice starts about 7:00pm. We normally wear street clothes, rather than garb, for practice. Feel free to forward this message to people who ask about dance practice.

This Wednesday Dance Practice, is at Renee's house: 1209 Mariposa Avenue, San Jose, CA 95126

Live musicians!  If you are a musician, you should come too! Dead muscians are ok, as long as they have already eaten. No Brains!

* Video Project : Several musicians and dancers have agreed to be filmed --said videos to be used for our own entertainment, and also so we can better remember the dances.  You may participate if you wish.  Renee will only film a few of the dances, so if you prefer not to be filmed, you can still dance most dances.

Directions vary wildly since Renee's house lies between three freeways.
Best to plot yours: http://oort.com/earth/home

Renee's house, 1209 Mariposa Avenue San Jose CA. Renee's house is near downtown San Jose, and right between 3 freeways, so  directions are best found online:  http://oort.com/earth/home or scroll down

>From the north (San Francisco), on southbound 101:
5. Take the GUADALUPE PKWY exit onto CA-87 S - go 3.0 mi
6. Take exit #6B/JULIAN ST/ST JAMES ST - go 0.3 mi
7. Turn RIGHT on W JULIAN ST - go 0.9 mi
8. Turn LEFT on THE ALAMEDA(CA-82) - go < 0.1 mi
9. Bear RIGHT on RACE ST - go 0.2 mi
10. Bear RIGHT on MARIPOSA AVE - go < 0.1 mi
11. Arrive at 1209 MARIPOSA AVE, SAN JOSE, on the RIGHT

>From the south (Gilroy), on northbound 280:
10. Take the RACE STREET/SOUTHWEST EXPWY exit toward MERIDIAN AVENUE/RACE STREET - go 0.3 mi
11. Turn RIGHT on RACE ST - go < 0.1 mi
12. Turn LEFT on PARKMOOR AVE - go 0.2 mi
13. Turn RIGHT on MERIDIAN AVE - go 0.7 mi
14. Turn LEFT on PARK AVE - go < 0.1 mi
15. Turn RIGHT on MARIPOSA AVE - go 0.2 mi
16. Arrive at 1209 MARIPOSA AVE, SAN JOSE, on the LEFT

see you there,