westdance: SCA 1st Wednesday Dance Practice in Menlo Park

Crystal A. Larsen xtalrock at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 1 20:53:32 PDT 2008

Howdy Everybody!

This week, the first Wednesday in September, Dance practice is in Menlo Park.
Next week, the 2nd Wednesday will also be in Menlo Park. The third Wednesday will be in San Jose at Renee's house, and the fourth Wednesday back in Menlo Park. For the first Wednesday in October, I hope we'll be back on our normal schedule at Raf and Elspeth's house.

The Crosston ball still has no offical person-in-charge. This week we need to talk some more about the Crosston Dance Ball. There was some discussion of polishing up Bianco Flore for the dance ball, and perhaps assing la Battaglia. If you would like to add a new dance to our repertoire before the dance ball, please bring it and sheet music to practice. For details about the parts of the dance ball not related to music and dance please see meetng minutes for Shire of Crosston's meeting on Aug 28th, http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SCA-Xton/

Directions:
Yahoo!Maps will give you accurate directions. Take 101 to Willow, go west on Willow --away-- from the Dumbarton bridge.
Turn Left on O'Keefe St (no signal, but there's a 76 Gas station on the corner). Go four blocks or two stop signs and park anywhere legal on O'Keefe or Central Ave. It's a one-story house, with medium sized redwood trees flanking the yard, in the middle of the block. 116 O'Keefe St, Menlo Park, CA.
Dance usually starts at 7pm. About 9pm we often go to a local restaurant for dinner or ice-cream.

(Crystal A. Larsen)