westdance: SCA 2nd Wednesday Dance Practice in Menlo Park

Crystal A. Larsen xtalrock at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 7 21:12:30 PST 2008

Howdy all,

Many thanks to Na'hara for teaching last week. This week, dance is in Menlo Park aprk, please scroll down for directions.

Here's a list of events for the start of the new year:

12th Night and the Duchess's Ball on 03January09, please see event details http://12thnight.shireofcanale.org/

If you can, please come to the music and dance demo at Stanford University on 17January2009 starting at 6pm. It will be in the Bechtel International Center on the Stanford Campus, http://www.stanford.edu/dept/icenter/

The Crosston Dance Ball is on 24Jan09! please see our website for details, http://home.earthlink.net/~al-qurtubiyya/2009CrosstonBall.html

On 25April2009, the Collegium Occidentialis will be an overnight event at a hotel in Modesto. Because we'll have ample dance space, let's plan now for a whole day of classes. I've spoken to the collegium regent, and if we plan it, we can have a dance ball in the evening. Please stay tuned for details.

> Directions:
> 116 O'Keefe St, Menlo Park, CA.
> Yahoo!Maps will give you accurate directions. Take 101 to
> Willow, go west on Willow --away-- from the Dumbarton
> bridge.
> Turn Left on O'Keefe St (no signal, but there's a
> 76 Gas station on the corner). Go four blocks or two stop
> signs and park anywhere legal on O'Keefe or Central Ave.
> It's a one-story house, with medium sized redwood trees
> flanking the yard, in the middle of the block.
> Dance usually starts at 7pm. About 9pm we often go to a
> local restaurant for dinner or ice-cream.

(Crystal A. Larsen)