westdance: SCA 3rd Wednesday Dance Practice in San Jose

Crystal A. Larsen xtalrock at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 14 22:27:04 PST 2008

Howdy ya'll,

This week is the last dance practice of 2008. We are cancelling practice on the 4th Wednesday of December (Christmas Eve) and the 5th Wednesday (New Year's Eve). However, we will be very busy in the early days of 2009, please see below:

12th Night and the Duchess's Ball on 03January09, please see event details http://12thnight.shireofcanale.org/ Dance list includes:
Horses Bransle, Montarde Bransle, Pavan and Galliard, Black Alman, Queen's Alman, Lorayne Alman, Black Nag, Chestnut, Cuckolds all in a Row, Gathering Peascods,  Grimstock,  Rufty Tufty,  Rostibolli Gioioso,  Petit Riens, Amoroso, Geloxia, Contrapasso, Villanella, and a Galliard.

If you can, please come to the music and dance demo at Stanford University on 17January2009 starting at 6pm. It will be in the Bechtel International Center on the Stanford Campus, http://www.stanford.edu/dept/icenter/

The Crosston Dance Ball is on 24Jan09! please see our website for details and class schedule,
http://home.earthlink.net/~al-qurtubiyya/2009CrosstonBall.html

On 25April2009, the Collegium Occidentialis will be an overnight event at a hotel in Modesto. Because we'll have ample dance space, let's plan now for a whole day of classes. I've spoken to the collegium regent, and if we plan it, we can have a dance ball in the evening. Please stay tuned for details.

Wednesdays in San Jose:

Dance practice starts about 7:00pm. We normally wear street
clothes, rather than garb, for practice. Clean, soft-soled shoes
or socks are required. We normally break around 9pm for dinner
and rootbeer floats. Feel free to forward this message to people
who ask about dance practice.

Here's the directions that assume you are coming from the north
for 1st, 3rd, 5th Wednesdays:
Take your favorite route to 85, just south of 87 (Guadalupe).
Take the Blossom hill exit, stay in the left lane.
Turn left at the bottom of the exit ramp. Stay in the left lane.
Turn left at the second light, Snell, just past the Shell gas
station.
Go for many blocks, turn right on Branham, just before the 76
station.
Turn left at the first light, Park Arcadia. Go straight until
Park Arcadia dead-ends into Park Paxton, turn left.
Turn right on Park Essex (I think it's the third right).

Rafael and Elspeth's is the third house is on the right.
Parking is getting a bit tight, you may have to park on Paxton
and walk a block.

76 Park Essex Pl. San Jose CA
Directions from Yahoo!Maps are generally reliable, although
from the north it will take you on the 101/Guadalupe/Capitol
route.

see you there,