westdance: Stanford Dance Demo - Jan 17, 7:30pm

Francis Classe torlanswingmeister at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 8 11:07:31 PST 2009

Hello, all!

I just wanted to give an update on the upcoming Dance Demo at Stanford.

Info:  http://icenter.stanford.edu/events/special.html (PDF flyer available there as well!)

What:  Dance, Music, Singing, Food @ Stanford! (a short fighting demo would be nice, but might be a bit problematic considering the venue.  If we have two or so enthusiastic fighters who want to have an evening practice at Stanford, then by all means, we can fit it in one of the breaks).

When:  January 17, 7:30pm start.

Where: International House, 584 Capistrano Way

Who:   All of you, hopefully, arrayed in clothing appropriate to the period (that means garb =)

Why:   To further an interest in dance and music, and the SCA in general, to the Stanford campus.

Musicians:  Please let me know if you can make it - I would hate to have to call and play for every dance =)

Some additional particulars: There are plans for a little table for snacks and goodies, so if you would like to bring something, that would be very much appreciated.  I'll bring a tablecloth and some various odds and ends, but please feel free to bring food and stuffs.  Again, please do come in garb for the best effect.  The Treblemakers will also be performing a short set, either before or during the ball, depending on attendance (likely during).

I understand that there is a flyer already posted at the International House, but I don't think that there are any others posted as yet around campus.  Per Geoffrey's suggestion, perhaps a late night drive-by spamming might be in order on dance night in Menlo Park.  Unfortunately, the flyer does not say "Free Food" but we can add that too if we deem it necessary =)

If you have any other questions or concerns, please do let me know!

- Vyncent