westdance: Crosston Ball request for decor

Cin cinbarnes at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 12:54:36 PST 2009

Gentle WestDancers and PPFeasters, especially those of you attending
this year's Crosston Ball,

Crystal & I are very happy to have a relatively handsome site with a
huge wooden floor, a stage and adjacent patio with garden.  The photo
ops should be quite nice in the early afternoon.  We need your
assistance for hall decor, banners & such.

If you'd like to see pictures of the hall, just ask.  I have a few dozen.
The event announcement is:
http://home.earthlink.net/~al-qurtubiyya/2009CrosstonBall.html

Inside the hall, there are 20+ sturdy, permanent, picture hooks placed
equally around the hall just begging for banners, large illuminations,
stained glass, repro tapestries, pretty indoor pennants & similar wall
decor.  To give you an idea of what to bring, we suggest items that
are 2 - 3 ft wide by 3 - 4 ft maybe even 5' long.

We could also use some flappy outdoor pennants (to cover the white
lattice archway in the garden).

We'd also like to encourage a selection of lovely artworks, such as
painting & drawing, fiberarts, domestic wares for the display tables
that would go far to improving the look of this otherwise white,
white, very white hall.   Please show off or encourage those who
should be showcasing their talents.

I know members of both these lists, Perfectly Period Feast and
WestDance, are the ones who really care about appearances.  You can
also expect Vittoria, who's organizing the dinner to request that you
bring your white table cloths, period-looking table decorations and
appropriate serving ware.

Please let me know if you have chosen to bring wallhangings, so I know
how much less to panic, scramble & plead.  I'm happy to make
individually addressed requests, but other that the two dozen people I
know well, I wouldnt know who has what pretties.  Your suggestions &
decorations gratefully accepted,
--cin
Cynthia Barnes, Crosston Ball site autocrat & Emergency Backup Decor
Committee of One
CinBarnes at gmail.com