westdance: SCA 2nd Wednesday Dance Practice in Menlo Park

Crystal A. Larsen xtalrock at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 11 11:03:50 PST 2009

Howdy all,

Only two more practices before the dance ball! This week we'll be focusing on Bizzaria d'Amore and Bianca Fiore.

On the Second Wednesday, dance practice is in Menlo Park, please scroll down for directions.

Dance, Music, Singing, Food @ Stanford! Info:  http://icenter.stanford.edu/events/special.html (PDF flyer available there as well!)
When: January 17, 7:30pm start. Where: International House, 584 Capistrano Way
Who: All of you, hopefully, arrayed in clothing appropriate to the period (that means garb =) Why: To further an interest in dance and music, and the SCA in general, to the Stanford campus.

The Crosston Dance Ball is on 24Jan09! please see our website for details, http://home.earthlink.net/~al-qurtubiyya/2009CrosstonBall.html

On 25April2009, the Collegium Occidentialis will be an overnight event at a hotel in Modesto. Because we'll have ample dance space, let's plan now for a whole day of classes. I've spoken to the collegium regent, and if we plan it, we can have a dance ball in the evening. Please stay tuned for details.

> Directions:
> 116 O'Keefe St, Menlo Park, CA.
> Yahoo!Maps will give you accurate directions. Take 101 to
> Willow, go west on Willow --away-- from the Dumbarton
> bridge.
> Turn Left on O'Keefe St (no signal, but there's a
> 76 Gas station on the corner). Go four blocks or two stop
> signs and park anywhere legal on O'Keefe or Central Ave.
> It's a one-story house, with medium sized redwood trees
> flanking the yard, in the middle of the block.
> Dance usually starts at 7pm. About 9pm we often go to a
> local restaurant for dinner or ice-cream.

(Crystal A. Larsen)