westdance: The Gresley Dance Collection, c.1500

Crystal A. Larsen xtalrock at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 29 14:40:10 PST 2009

Howdy all,

Last night at dance practice we talked briefly about the Playford Dance Problem, so I thought some of you might be interested in the Gresley Manual. There's a discussion by another reenactor on Greg's pages:  http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/lod/vol5/gresley.html
and another here:
http://www.basdance.hampshire.org.uk/gresley.html
and
http://www.ieee.uwaterloo.ca/praetzel/mp3-cd/info/grayn1/gresley/Gresley.html

I'll bring the scholarly write up of the document to next week's dance practice. If you are interested and have a well-stocked library nearby please look up:
Fallows, David, "The Gresley Dance Collection, c.1500," RMA: Research Chronicle, xxix (1996), pp. 1-20

regards,