westdance: demo at collegium

Crystal A. Larsen xtalrock at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 25 12:48:10 PDT 2009

So, new demo list:
Fiamma d'Amore (2)
Amoroso (2)
Bizzaria d'Amore (4)
Gracca Amoroso (2)
Contrapasso (6)
And maybe an ECD (6-8)

--- On Wed, 3/25/09, Francis Classe <torlanswingmeister at yahoo.com> wrote:
> As far as the ECD, well, I was hoping to steer a bit clear
> of that,

If I may ask, why?

> but if you think that it would facilitate an entry
> of people into dance, then I'm all for it.

In truth, I think the more complex English Country Dances are not likely to bring in a beginner any more than Gracca Amoroso is. But I do think having a complex ECD on the list will reassure people the "dance crowd" does not think less of people who like ECDs.

> Can we round up enough people for Fain?

I think so. I hope so. We need 8 people and we won't have CinB.

I'll happily teach Fain and Stingo at Caldarium's event this weekend, add it into the Salitor-time at Coronet next weekend. If nobody else is teaching intermediate ECD at Collegium, I'll do that too.

> Unfortunately, I'm not going to be able to make this week's
> dance after all - sorry for the last minute change in
> schedule.

Bummer. I hope everything is ok. We'll probabaly spend extra time on Bizzaria d'Amore or Gracca Amoroso, as you and Na'hara (who is also MIA this week) know that one well.

regards,
Crystal