westdance: SCA 2nd Wednesday Dance Practice in Menlo Park

Crystal A. Larsen xtalrock at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 8 07:36:47 PDT 2009

Howdy ya'll,

Wednesday Dance practice this week is in Menlo Park, please scroll down for directions.

*) Arts and Sciences Weekend (June 12th-14th). Dance competition, _Gracca Amoroso_. Please refer to http://www.westkingdom.org/wk_event_090612_a&stournament.htm for details
*) June Crown Tournament (June 19th-21st at Duncan Mills, CA), Dance competition, _A Piva_. Please refer to The Page for details. Also at June Crown a Arts and Sciences competition of “Pre-1600 dance (bring your music and your partner(s)!).” Please refer to http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/dance.html for sources and ideas.
*) Known World Dance Symposium, http://www.kwdsvii.org/
*) Esfenn Arts Fete, September 12th.

> Directions to the 2nd and 4th Wednesday practices:
> 116 O'Keefe St, Menlo Park, CA.
> Yahoo!Maps will give you accurate directions. Take 101 to
> Willow, go west on Willow --away-- from the Dumbarton
> bridge.
> Turn Left on O'Keefe St (no signal, but there's a
> 76 Gas station on the corner). Go four blocks or two stop
> signs and park anywhere legal on O'Keefe or Central Ave.
> It's a one-story house, with medium sized redwood trees
> flanking the yard, in the middle of the block.
> Dance usually starts at 7pm. About 9pm we often go to a
> local restaurant for dinner or ice-cream.

(Crystal A. Larsen)

ps/ The Tuesday Darkwood Dance Practice is resuming! Please continue reading for days and directions.

Darkwood Dance Practices are the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of the Month.  We will be covering the basics of Medieval and Renaissance dancing, including English Country, Bransles, Almans, 15th and 16th century Italian, and Basse Dance – though, not all in the same session.  Emphasis will be placed on learning only a few dances well over several sessions, as well as preparing upcoming for the Pied d’Argent and Salatarious Nebulorum competitions and any balls or dance events.
Practice will be held in the home of Gottfried and Caterina (Kit), in Salinas  at 7pm.  Wear comfortable shoes and clothes that will work for dancing.