Their Royal Majesties approved this charter a while ago, but we're kinda hazy about the details.
The West Kingdom Royal College of Dance is hereby established to
further the practice of, and the research into, the dancing arts of
Renaissance Europe. The College of Dance is open to those who
practice, teach, or are otherwise interested in the art, music,
history, reconstruction, performance, or theory of period dancing
The goals of the College of Dance are to:
To these ends, the College of Dance will:
- Encourage the spread of Renaissance European styles of
dancing, both in practice and in theory, throughout the
- Encourage learning and mastery of the art of period dancing;
- Aid those outside the College of Dance in the appreciation
of period dancing; and
- Provide a source for research and education into period
styles of dance.
Membership in the College of Dance will be extended to include any
Gentle who wishes to participate. Anyone may join by sending their
name to the College of Dance Secretary.
The Chancellor of the College of Dance shall be the head of the
College of Dance. The Chancellor shall maintain the College of Dance
Membership Roster; assist local groups to locate instructors for dance
classes at events, local meetings, revels, etc.; assist local groups
who wish to start local dance classes; and report to the Kingdom
Minister of Arts on the progress, projects, and activities of both the
College of Dance and local dance groups. The Chancellor may appoint
deputies as needed. The Chancellor is chosen by the general consensus
of the Members of the College of Dance.
In addition to the above, a College of Dance Secretary shall be
appointed by the Chancelier. The Secretary will assist the Chancellor
in administrative duties including, but not limited to, maintaining
the roster of College of Dance Members, coordination of the College of
Dance Schedule of Events, maintenance of the College of Dance forum,
and any other duties assigned by the Chancellor.
Submitted to Their Majesties, KING AND QUEEN, on the occasion of
EVENT, A.S. DATE, by the Charter Members of West Kingdom College of
Be it known that We, QUEEN of the West Kingdom and Patroness of the
Arts and Sciences, along with KING, Our King, do hereby confirm and
recognize this Charter of the West Kingdom Royal College of Dance.
Done by Our hand this DATE day of MONTH, A.S. XXXVII, being 2003 Gregorian,
- Encourage its members to study, teach and consult with others
regarding period dance techniques;
- Sponsor workshops and practices where all can learn the art
of period dancing;
- Sponsor classroom instruction to encourage better understanding
of the history and theory of period dance;
- Maintain a bibliography of research and reference materials,
including primary and secondary sources, and to the extent
possible a library;
- Facilitate communication between existing dance groups, and
assist any local group in founding a dance practice for itself;
- Provide guidance to any who request help with such matters as
hosting dancing at an event, starting a local practice, or any
other related service as needed;
- Maintain a publicly-accessible forum to provide information on
scheduled College of Dance activities and upcoming dance events,
functions, practices, workshops, and classes; and
- Maintain a roster of College of Dance Members and dance
teachers throughout the Kingdom.